The Clare Valley Wine and Wilderness Trail is now fully open and can be completed at any time.
Much of the trail is through private property, we thank our many landholders for supporting the trail and permitting access. We ask all users to please observe the rules when accessing these areas, remembering that access is a privilege, not a right, don’t stuff it up!
Get the trail maps here:
Highlighting the Premium Wine, Food and Natural Landscapes of the stunning Clare Valley on over 100km of hiking trail.
What is the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail?
- A 100km walking trail around the Clare Valley.
- The trail will consist of 6 stages, each stage is approximately 1 days walk.
- Stage 1: 23km
- Stage 2: 19km
- Stage 3: 13.5km
- Stage 4: 14km
- Stage 5: 16km
- Stage 6: 14km
- The trail begins and ends at the Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre. All other trail heads are at Wineries
- The trail is a moderate grade hiking trail, challenges include;
- Crossing Fences (with the use of a stile).
- Crossing Flowing Creeks (during the wet winter months).
- Steep climbs.
- Rocky uneven surfaces & fallen trees.
- Snakes during the hot months.
- The trail showcases the region’s natural beauty & premium food and wine products, passing cellar doors, restaurants and cafes.
- The trail is a public trail available to locals and visitors, users of the trail will be free to complete the entire route or smaller sections at their leisure.
- The trail travels on a network of backroads, road reserves & private property.
- There is no camping on the trail.
- There is lots of great accommodation throughout the Clare Valley where you can base yourselves.
- Local transport around the trail consists of;
Our Generous Corporate Sponsors
Tim Grigg: 0408 826 349
Michael Nugent: 0400 230 766