Stages 1, 2 & 6
Stages 1, 2 & 6 of the The Clare Valley Wine and Wilderness Trail are open and can be completed at any time.
Much of the trail is through private property, we thank are many landholders for supporting the trail and permitting access. We ask all users to please observe the rules when accessing these areas, remembering that access is a privilege, not a right, don’t stuff it up!
Get the trail maps here:
Highlighting the Premium, Wine, Food and Natural Landscapes of the stunning Clare Valley on over 110km of hiking trail.
What is the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail?
- When completed, a 110km walking trail around the Clare Valley.
- The trail will begin and end at the Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre.
- The trail will showcase the region’s natural beauty & premium food and wine products.
- Once complete, the trail will pass 24 cellar doors and numerous restaurants and cafes.
- The trail will be a public trail available to locals and visitors, users of the trail will be free to complete the entire route or smaller sections.
- The trail will consist of 6 stages
- Each walking stage will be 15km – 20km long
- The trail will travel on a network of backroads, road reserves & private property.
- Stages 1 & 2 of the walking trail are now open.
- The target completion date for the entire trail is Easter 2022.
Who Will Benefit from the trail?
- The wider community: It is well established that exercise is essential for a healthy body, while time outdoors and in the wilderness shows exceptional benefits for mental health. Public trails are a wonderful vehicle for encouraging exercise related activity.
- Wine Industry: The trail will showcase the region’s wine industry by passing through winery property and past cellar doors, providing walkers with the opportunity to have a break and take advantage of the cellar door opportunities.
- Food Industry: The trail will showcase the region’s food industry by passing through townships where cafes & restaurants are located.
- Accommodation Industry: The trail will assist the accommodation industry by encouraging participants to use accommodation both on and off the trail, via longer stays in the region.
- Bike Hire Operators: The trail will assist bike hire providers by providing approximately 100km of additional cycling routes in the region.
- Travel & Tour Operators: The trail will assist the travel & tour operator industry by providing an activity to package together with additional travel options.
- Local Traders: The entire Clare Valley community will benefit from more tourism dollars being spent in the region and thus building and stabilising local employment.
Who is supporting the trail?
So many groups & people are supporting us that we needed to create a specific page to list them, see CVWWT Supporters.
Tim Grigg: 0408 826 349
Michael Nugent: 0400 230 766